- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or almond meal (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together hemp hearts, ground almonds or flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne until evenly combined.
- Set up your dipping stations: (1) chicken strips (2) whisked eggs (3) hemp breading (4) parchment-lined baking sheet. Dip each chicken strip in the eggs until they are completely covered, then give them a little shake to let any extra egg drip off. Add the chicken strip to the hemp mixture, and gently toss until the chicken strip is completely covered. Remove and transfer the chicken strip to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Give the chicken strips a good shot of cooking spray so that they are all lightly covered. Then bake for about 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink inside and the breading is golden.
- Remove and serve warm with your desired dipping sauce.
*Adapted from https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/hemp-crusted-baked-chicken-tenders-recipe/#_a5y_p=1803434