Makes 12 bites
- 1 cup oats, rolled or quick
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped OR 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water, as needed
- Additional ingredients for toppings: hemp hearts, coconut, cinnamon, cocoa powder
- Place all ingredients in food processor, except for the water, and blend until combined. Use the water one tablespoon at time if needed if mixture isn’t clumping up. Don’t worry if it’s seems a little too sticky, it will become a bit stiffer once refrigerated. If the mixture is too wet, try adding a pinch or two of oats or hemp hearts.
- Next, roll bits of dough into one inch balls. If dough seems too sticky to roll, refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes before rolling.
- Roll balls in a variety of ingredients – hemp seeds, coconut, cinnamon and/or cacao powder. Experiment with different coatings. If rolling in powders be sure to gently lift and drop your coated balls a few times an inch or two above a hard surface to let any excess powder fall off.
- Store in the refrigerator and eat within a couple weeks or so, or you can also freeze them and they will last even longer.
*Adapated from https://simple-veganista.com/raw-healthy-happy-hempy-cookies/