Light, bright and zesty, our Sassy Italian is versatile in so many ways beyond salad including as a marinade, a bread drizzle and... a pasta accessory!
This is SUCH a simple and easy recipe for using garden tomatoes and basil that the family will love.
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb dried pasta (farfalle, orzo or other small pasta)
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls sliced in half
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Queen of Hearts Sassy Italian Superfood Dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When done, rinse and drain in cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, and basil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add cooked pasta, mozzarella pearls, tomatoes and basil. Drizzle with Queen of Hearts Sassy Italian and toss.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
Pro tip: Toss with about 3/4 of the dressing, then cover and chill the night before or a few hours. Before serving, let salad sit out on the counter 15 minutes to come up to room temp. Toss with remaining dressing & serve!
Would you like the actual recipe card? Email us (support @ queenofhearts.com) your snail mail address and we'll send you a recipe card! It also comes with any purchase of Sassy Italian!